Saturday, August 30, 2014

Why T-25 Takes More than 25 Minutes

If you haven't heard, T-25 (which to me, sounds like a Terminator sequel) is all the newest at home workout craze. I thought to myself........"Hmmmm. I need to lose some weight. This might be good. It only takes 25 minutes. I can do this." So I obtained a copy of the program (by means which I will not speak of because this is definitely NOT a paid review of this product). I popped it into my DVD player PUMPED because I knew within a few short weeks, all my weight woes will be over! I would finally lose this 7 year old baby weight. I could once again strut my stuff without fear of my muffin top spilling over to my knees. I would be able to see my girlfriend with a quick glance down once again.

This will be awesome! I can take out all the clothes in my "hope chest" and wear them again.  You probably have a "hope chest" and don't even know it! You know, that set of clothes you have nestled in the back of your closet that one day you have the hope of fitting into once again because you know if you donate them or burn them in your bath tub that you will be admitting weight defeat. You will have lost the "battle of the bulge" and "war on cottage cheesy cellulite" and the "fight for fit" and a thousand other different weight loss campaigns you've embarked upon! Well, that's why the clothes sit in the back of my closet at least.

Anyway.......T-25 was going to solve all of these problems and give me whiter teeth and clearer skin. I popped the DVD in with great anticipation. I completed the 25 worst minutes of my life! It really wasn't that bad I'm just out of shape. I sweat like a lady in white on her period. Shaun T, is a fine instructor. Sometimes his semi-lisp can get annoying but he was direct and to the point. But it was Tania "The Machine" Baron that taunted me the whole time. In Shaun T's workout series Insanity, Tania was cut up! She had a 6 pack and a whole bunch of other muscles I could only dream of having and she did each and every exercise to the MAX! In T-25, after having a kid (or two or six, I don't know), Shaun put her in charge of the "modified" exercises, I'm assuming as an encouragement for all the mommies out there but she didn't break a sweat the whole time. Her contented face taunted me as I had to stare at her for my "modified" instructions, never saying a word but saying everything with her not-so-quite-cut-up-but-still-ridiculously-in-shape-after-birth body!

T-25 took more than 25 minutes. After the workout, I lay on my living room floor unable to move for about 15 minutes. My husband thought it funny if he took a picture of me which I have shared for you enjoyment. Then I had to get up from the floor. That took about another 5 minutes. Then I had to move my rickety joints around the living room for another 5 minutes to loosen them up just so I could make it to my bathroom to wash the sweat and discouragement off my body. The shower took another 25 minutes (I call it S-25 because I moved so slowly in there). After my shower, I looked in the mirror and stared (another 5 minutes). Just stared......Then I dried myself off (2 minutes) and went back to the mirror to stare again for another 5 minutes. While staring, I began to after-shower-sweat. Which sucks because it almost makes you feel like taking another shower. But I fought the urge and moved on to making my way to the bed (2.5 minutes). Now imagine if you worked a 9-5 and had to get ready for work! Ahhhhhh! T-25 took me 89.5 minutes!!!!!! What?!? Yeah.

If you have any workout disasters, let me know them in the comments below. I want to laugh and cry with someone else about this.



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment