Monday, August 25, 2014

Sunday Brunch- When You're at Your Wit's End.....

Don't give up. Get up! Keep running the race. 

Remember that post I wrote about critters in the attic (check it out here)? Well, they're back. This time there's squirrels in the attic! On top of that, our landlady came with some wonderfully disturbing news last Sunday. I am at my wit's end! This rental house has been a challenge to say the least. So this Sunday brunch is for me!

Don't Give Up

The Problem:
Our landlady came by last Sunday and told us that through a series of unforeseen events, she found out that her mortgage agreement has a "no renters" clause; meaning she is to be the sole occupant of the residence for the duration of the loan. She found this out because, through a correspondence she had with the bank about property taxes, she wrote her current address on the paperwork instead of our address. The bank then sent her a nice little letter saying she had essentially defaulted on her loan because she breeched the owner occupancy agreement and she had 30 days (mind you this was 15 days in to the 30 days) to occupy the residence, refinance, or be foreclosed upon. On top of that, the critters have come back this time in the form of squirrels!

My Feelings: 
This is my worst nightmare! All I want to do is stay in one place long enough to become familiar with it; to really get to know my neighbors......... I don't want to move again. I don't want to deal with critters again! I feel defeated.

What the Word Says: 
Isaiah 41:10
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

My Response to the Word:
Ok God. I need your help with being ok with not knowing what's going to happen... I know you have my back even though I am discouraged.

Get Up

The Problem:
But I don't wanna deal with this!

My Feelings:
I want to crawl under a rock somewhere and not be seen or heard from until all the squirrels and raccoons shrivel up and die very far away from where I live! I want to be transported to a home that doesn't have holes in the ceiling, where all the outlets work, where I don't have to fight busted food disposals and leaky toilets where all of my family's belongings are unpacked and set up just how I like it. I don't want to have to find a new place for everything and familiarize myself with another residence!

What the Word Says:
John 5:1-9
1 After this there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 2 Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, in Aramaic called Bethesda, which has five roofed colonnades. 3 In these lay a multitude of invalids—blind, lame, and paralyzed. 5 One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, “Do you want to be healed?” 7 The sick man answered him, “Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me.” 8 Jesus said to him, “Get up, take up your bed, and walk.” 9 And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked.

My Response to the Word:
I am no better than the invalids- the paralytics, sightless, and lames who were hanging around the Bethesdan pool. But Jesus said to the paralytic "get up"! There was action that needed to be taken by the paralytic. Jesus could've healed him all day long but the paralytic wouldn't have know the healing took place unless he stood up to walk. I've been sitting, thinking about these critters for a couple of weeks now; paralyzed by the reality that I'll have to stalk my land lady again. Weeks! Who does that? Me. I don't want to feel this way but sometimes it's really hard (sometimes it seems dang near impossible) to get up; to start the stalker-ish calls to my landlady; to work my world around these critters schedule exterminators and everything else that accompanies these animals! But as long as I stay down, I won't be able to see the miracles that God is working in my family's life! Like maybe this snafu with the address and the threatened foreclosure is a blessing in disguise. Sometimes we stay paralyzed not because of Jesus' lack of healing; but because of our own lack of movement. Hmmm.

Keep Running the Race

The Problem:
I'm weary.

My Feelings:
I'm sick and tired of moving and having squatters living in the attic. They're not paying rent! We already have enough people and animals living in this house! I just want to be still. No more movement! No more packing and unpacking! I feel like snapping off on my landlady for not READING her agreement and putting us in this predicament.

What the Word Says: 
Hebrews 12:-2
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.…

My Response to the Word:
If Jesus carried a cross and died on that cross to atone for my sins, I need to shut up and keep it moving. There were many that came before me that fell harder and sinned worse; but they got up and finished the race. They didn't lay down and wither away, they ran harder! I am encouraged that my problems will not halt the rotation of the earth. My life is His so I must run toward Him;  my eyes fixed on His glory no matter what path he leads me down. It's not for me to question Him or try to figure this one out,(which I'm prone to do) but to simply be obedient. In my flesh, that sucks! But I know it's for the edification of my Spirit.

This one was tough. I have a lot to think and pray about.

Sunday Brunch happens every Sunday as a spiritual encouragement for readers of the Fiery Wife blog. Come back next week and see what God is serving up for you to eat. "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! (Ps. 34:8)"

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment