Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Quick Rant/Tantrum Before a Doctor's Visit

It's that time again! Time for the bi-annual hematology visit for Youngest Song and I HATE THAT HE HAS TO GO!
I hate that he was diagnosed with this disease!
I hate that he will have to have blood drawn!
I hate that he's afraid of the doctors and nurses!
I hate that those same doctors and nurses will try to tell me my son will only get worse, not better!
I hate that we'll be there for over 3 hours and have to see the doctor, nurse practitioner, geneticist, dental hygienist, and social worker!
I hate those cold and lonely exam rooms!
I hate that they try to unsuccessfully make them warm with butterflies and other woodland creatures!
I hate that although this diagnosis doesn't define my son that this is part of his story!

I love that Husband called off (the first time ever) to be there with Youngest Son and support me!
I love that we have a great support system that reminded me that our family and Youngest's story can be an encouragement to sufferers of this disease because of his phenomenal health!
I love that my son has never suffered more than a needle prick!
I love that God knows me and is gracious with my thoughts and feelings and has encouraged me through his Word (I started a new devotion about the major characters of the Bible and Youngest Son's Biblical namesake was the first character mentioned) that my son will have long life!

Ahhhhhh! Ok. I'm done.


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment