Saturday, June 28, 2014

My "Fiery" Day

Today, a little reluctantly, I went to a fire engine expo. I was dreading it because I knew I was going to meet some of Husband's fellow firemen and really wasn't feeling like being social. But the whole family went. Except Forever Mom, she never goes anywhere. She's kinda like a house cat......but I digress. During the car ride, I looked at my face in the visor mirror and realized I should've waxed my chiskers (chin whiskers) before leaving. But, couldn't do anything about it so I cast my chisker worries to the wind and fretted no more. We got to the fire academy grounds and it was HOT AS EVER. I could feel the sweat beading down my spine (kinda like Youngest's pee down the baseboard). It wasn't intolerable just annoying to know that I not only had chiskers but also had a sweat mark on my back the shape of California. Couldn't do anything about that either so I let it roll off my back ;).

The nerd in me definitely had some fun. There were loads of antique fire trucks and I clicked away at some of the cooler ones. I'm definitely not a journalist, so I didn't note make, model, or year. Ah well. My captions are way cooler than any stuffy inventory notes. Take a look below and enjoy.

A Dodge pickup truck (year unkown) converted into a
firetruck. It's siren was weak. 

A military green firetruck. Looks like it could've been in the Car's Movies! 


I think some Amish people got mischievous and repainted one of their buggys

A nifty custom water bucket. (They threw water on the fire) 'MERICA!
Everyone stay calm! The thing that's going to put your house fire
out has to create fire and steam to do so! 

OOH. Shiny. Can anyone say Wizard of Oz? 

No comments:

Post a Comment